Giving birth can have an overwhelming impact on your body. For the past nine months your body has been adapting to the growing baby and now it would ideally be going back to its pre-pregnancy state. The following couple of tips would help speed up the process effectively and efficiently.
It can take years for women to recover and some never do simply because of their lack of knowledge, but not to worry if you follow these simple steps, you will see a quick result not only on how you look but also how you feel.
Following a diet is not necessary as your body would need the calories to recover.
Further, breastfeeding would require a certain (around 500) number of extra calories in order to produce milk for your baby.
Cutting out high intakes of sugar would be beneficial. Focusing on healthy food will help give your body enough fuel to speed up the process.
A few healthy easy to prepare options would be;
- Whole grain bread
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Canned beans
Water is an essential requirement to flush out excess fluids, blood and tissue post pregnancy. Being thirsty frequently is not uncommon and it is advised to drink plenty of water.
Drinking a lot more water than you think you need will help so it is advisable to have a bottle of water with you at all times.
The body would require a mandatory resting period for the recovery process. Ideally, this would be longer than 2-3 weeks.
Sleep deprivation and hormones may lead to postpartum depression so it is best to take plenty of rest and keep your family and friends close by. An essential part of the recovery is to know getting as much help as you can will make it a lot less challenging.
Breastfeeding is a great way to get your tummy to its pre-pregnancy state quicker as not only does it benefit your baby but also helps the uterus shrink back to its initial size sooner.
Your hormones tend to be at a high and therefore it is important to take care of your mental and emotional health. Breastfeeding would be benefiting both your emotional and physical health.
5. Herbal Supplement
It is a blend that promotes better digestion and aids in correcting the balance and absorption of nutrients and therefore would be a great addition to your routine.
What’s in Mummy Magic Tea?
This herbal supplement has been incorporated with;
Organic Gun powder green tea, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Licorice, Organic Turmeric
Organic Hibiscus, Organic Ginger, Organic Whole fennel seeds, Organic Milk Thistle, Organic Moringa.
It has no sugar, alcohol, artificial colors or flavours, no gluten, dairy, soy, chemicals or petroleum and is 100% vegetarian and vegan.
Mummy Magic Tea is also BPA/PVC/Phthalate free and also, FDA approved, halal and kosher making it undeniably inclusive and a healthier option.
Taking a closer look at the key ingredients we can identify its benefits;
- Moringa is a native plant from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan where parts of the plant are used to make medicine.
- Moringa contains vitamins, minerals and proteins and acts as an antioxidant to help protect cells from damage.
- It also helps decrease pain and inflammation.
- Moringa is safe for breastfeeding mothers as research has also proven that moringa increases the production of breast milk.
Gunpowder green tea
- This green tea comes from the Camellia sinensis plant originally from China but is now found in Taiwan and Sri Lanka.
- Stronger immune system – it has been noted that green tea drinkers have more of the cells that fight off viruses.
- Healthier heart – a review published suggests it can reduce your risk of heart disease. Gunpowder green tea lowers your levels of triglycerides or cholesterol, strengthening your artery walls. Damaged arteries cause heart attacks and strokes.
- Weight loss- the combination of caffeine, catechins and theanine in gunpowder tea work together to boost metabolism and help burn more body fat. It can also act as an alternative to those who do not prefer the acidity in coffee.
6. Yoga/ Exercise
If your doctor has approved it, yoga is useful for strengthening and stretching muscles. It also helps relax and be healthy. The key is to not overexert yourself or put too much pressure on your joints. Therefore, make sure to only take it as far as you feel comfortable.
As for exercises you can start on your Kegels and pelvic tilts. If you do have medical problems such as heart or lung disease, asthma or high blood pressure, exercise might not be the best option. It is always best to check with your doctor first.
- Kegels can be started a few days after pregnancy. These can be done by sitting or laying down. Tighten your pelvic floor muscles. Hold tight for about 5 seconds. Relax the muscles for another 5 seconds and repeat 10 times.
- Pelvic tilts will mildly move and stretch your tummy muscles and your back. This can be done by most women after a few weeks of pregnancy. They will also help with any back tension or pain. A pelvic tilt can be done by laying on your back with your knees bent. By slightly tightening your abdominal muscles, bend your pelvis up slightly. Hold for about 5-10 seconds and release. It is advisable to start with a set of ten and gradually move up.
It is always best to take it slow and enjoy the process. Making sure to spend enough time on yourself and your bundle of joy. There are also plenty of interactive exercises that can be done with your baby as well, such as babywearing dance classes. With these tips and suggestions in mind you will be able to get your system back in no time.